Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bonjour

Bonjour. Comment allez vous?

Ha ha… as you can tell, it’s French! I just started my French lesson with one of our parishioner. She was bought up in France but she’s Indian. It’s really difficult. Can you just imagine even table and chair has a masculine and feminine word to it. Pronunciation is worst. I hope it’s just only the beginning.

Why French? It’s because our institute has 3 official languages. English, French and Spanish. Our foundress, Blessed Mary of the Passion was from France and most of her writings are in French. Therefore, the sisters feels that my English is ok (is it true!!!) so I can start picking up French. Ermm... think can forget about Bahasa for now....

No time to be bored!!! This week was really hectic and distracting. I had 3 new ‘challenges’ if I may call it. Besides my French lessons, I had to lead the liturgy(divine office) once a week and also play for Sunday mass (whenever needed). Phew! On top of that, I had an extra work day because of our school’s outing at Terengganu Museum. It’s very tiring but I enjoyed the time spend with the children and it’s also an opportunity to see Terengganu’s places of attraction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tres bien! et vous?

Angeline said...

tres bien. merci.