Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

These two weeks, I have been reflecting of the Holy Trinity.

Realised that it’s the least celebrated among the 3 big feast, Pentecost, Holy Trinity and Corpus Christi.

I have been grazing on this Holy Trinity icon for the past 2 weeks and indeed have discovered more about myself. I realised that I’m always the observer. As I graze at the icon, I was watching the scene going on, wondering what they were talking about. Are they discussing about me? One night, on my bed, I suddenly asked myself, why am I looking from the outside, I should also sit with them at the table.

So the next day, I tried to enter into the scene. However, I couldn’t. I tried and tried but still ended up as an observer unconsciously. Only then I realised that I’m just projecting ‘who I am’ to my self. It’s ME!!! I’m always staying backward to look at the situation and until I’m very comfortable then I will take the step forward. That again explained why I took so long before answering to the invitation to religious life. I must consciously remind myself about this behavior otherwise, many opportunities in my life would have just slip away without me knowing because I’m still waiting and watching.

I also made a new discovery on Pentecost Sunday. I realised that the Holy Spirit is the busiest person among the 3 person. The Holy Spirit has to take instructions for the Father and work on all human, yet, how many actually follows the Spirit’s direction? But he never gives up, the Holy Spirit will also think of ways to realigned us back to the Father. However, he’s also the least recognised person.

This attached icon on the Holy Trinity painted by Andrew Rublev is now in my head and I could picture and see it in the dark with my eyes close. When I see it with light, it gave me a sense of affirmation and comfort that I not only have One God but three, who are all supporting and guiding me.

Try spending some time grazing at this icon. Oh… try researching about this icon, it’s meaning and it’s symbols too… it’s very meaningful and beautifully drawn.

May,
God the Father, my commander
God the Son, my model
God the Holy Spirit, my leader
         bless me, my friends and love ones. Amen.

No comments: