Friday, January 22, 2010

Mission accomplished @ Catholic Kg



It’s the end of my short 2 years & 2 weeks journey at Catholic Kindergarten as a Music and Movement teacher to more than 700 children.

I refused to be present at assembly this morning for the children to bid their farewell because I knew I would tear. I said a quick farewell to my colleagues and ran off because the longer I stay, the more we talk, the more i would start crying.

The journey started on 1st January 2008, acted very confidently and professionally, standing in front of a crowd of children and their parents, conducting Music and Movement lessons. With God’s graces, guidance and strength, I managed to persevere through 2008. I thought it was ‘THE END’ but I was summoned to another year of SERIOUS discernment which led me to complete another year of service, 2009.

During these 2 years, I have gained lots of confidence in myself. Having to deal and gain trust from parents and my colleagues would not be possible if I don’t present myself confidently. I have also done the most impossible tasks (I thought so!) like leading Sport’s Day exercise and choreograph the Graduation Concert. I dare to say my greatest achievement was being able to foster good and close relationship with all my students.


So… what’s really my mission @ Catholic Kg?

"Missionary activity is nothing other and nothing less than the manifestation or epiphany of God's plan and its fulfillment in the world and in history; in this history God, by means of missions, clearly accomplishes the history of salvation." (Second Vatican Ecumenical Council, Decree on the Missionary Activity of the Church Ad Gentes, 9; cf. Chapter II, 10-18.)


The first form of Evangelisation is Witness (Redemptoris mission, Chapter 5).

So, I’m called to bear WITNESS to the Gospel, to show and bring Christ to others. Well, this is easier said then done. All I could do is to give my best, to be available to all who needs and very importantly to be allowed to be led by the Spirit.

Very often, in trying to be God’s missionary, instead, I’m being ministered. I felt so much love, support and encouragement from all my colleagues. The children in the school taught me values such patience, love, generosity and forgiveness. I felt so ashamed with myself whenever they ministered to me.

So, it’s true….. “For it is in giving that we receive.” (St. Francis of Assisi)


And so….. with great joy and peace, I end my journey at Catholic Kindergarten


……awaiting for my next life journey.

No comments: