Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mission of Openness

What kind of mission is this??
I wondered too!!!

After a week of 2 retreats back to back, this was waht i realised. From 4-6 Jan, i had a retreat with Sr. Assunta Leong on a Programme 'Fully Human Fully Alive experience' by John Powell. Afterwhich, I helped out at the RCIA retreat from 8-10 Jan 2010 at Majodi Centre, Johor.

Through these 2 experiences, i realised that by sharing and being opened at the right itme with the right content is a mission too. No need to do any hard labout work, all i needed to do is to share my life, telling the story of Jesus in my life.

Eversince I decided on my vocation to the religious life, I'm torn between to tell or not to tell people about it. I felt like a hypocrite if i tell and hwat if it's not successful? But, because it's so hard to keep it as a secret, and telling myself what's the point of not telling and lying, i decided to share freely to whoever that shows interest in my life because they care for me.

Initially, it was difficult and it's still difficult. The more I share, the more I doubt if this is what I really want...WAIT...what's there to do with being missionary? What i would like to share here is that whatever i shared about my life, it's a story of Jesus that might inspire others and there would probably be more awareness, transformation or even conversion. Especially when i sahre with non-Christian friends, at least i created a new awareness in them. Maybe...or rather...with faith, there will be someone who have been inspired by my sharing, telling the story of Jesus because of their own conversion and inspire another person and so on... Isn't it a beautiful chain effect?

This is my 1st blog after a long time (last blogged was on Jan 06). Till now it's still a private blog, reason being I didn't want to share too much about my discernment journey plus the fact that i can't write well. I hope one day it will be an open blog.

No comments: