Sunday, January 31, 2010

The final meet ups begins

Last evening, I met up with a few friends from the “Mission Awareness Group (MAG)” – a subgroup of ACMA, for a farewell dinner.

MAG was the first mission group I joined since November 2004 after receiving the invitation to offer my life to the Lord (Aug 04) and my journey of search started.

I began to find out what I am called to and was prompted to sign up for a Mission Orientation Programme going to Nong Bua Lamphu and Udon Thani in Thailand, which I had no idea where it was.

To cut the long story short, I began to be active with this group till beginning of 2009 when I did my 6 months stay with the FMM sisters. MAG led me to many new spiritual journey ‘networks’ such as the Catholic Aids Response Effort, St Joseph Home, Darul Arqam Singapore, Brighthill Temple, trip to the mountains in Chiang Dao, Thailand etc… Anyway, I learned a lot about mission and what being a missionary means.

I really enjoyed the time spent with this group of friends who comes from different parishes. What brings us together was our like-mindedness. We walk on a journey of being missionaries, called to evangelise, wherever we are, at home, at work, at church etc... We are able to share and understand our unique spiritual journey and challenges together.

So, last night, we had dinner at Khansama Tandoori Village at Science Park and then proceeded to George’s house and chat till 12 midnight. There were sharings and recollection of the past being together. We realized that we were very privileged to be able to sit down together to share about our lives with God and the world, how challenging to be in the world and yet not of the world. Really!!! How many in this world actually engages in such a deep conversations? Most of the time, we (including myself) talks about the worldly things and ermmm…OTHER people!!!!

So so… that ends my journey with MAG for the moment.

No comments: