Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Birthday

The celebration began this morning at prayer. Sr. Kristyn together with the other sisters prepared the liturgy for my birthday and how nice was it to be on the Feast of St Matthew. How blessed to be born on the Feast of St Matthew. The mass readings were so beautiful. It tells of how I am to live my life, my vocation and what I am called to. And we end the prayer with the hymn “In His time”, one of my favourite hymn that always makes me cry.

As usual after prayer, we had our birthday and the sisters sang the birthday song and gave me a blessing. Just as I was spreading my bread, one of the teacher from the Kindergarten (KG) came to our house and told me someone was looking for me. So I went out to the school’s carpark and a Malay woman was standing there… telling myself, I don’t know her leh… then she ask me if I’m Angie. I said Yes and she say she has something for me.

So she went to the car and took out a bouquet of flowers and I was in total shockness to see the card. It’s from Fr. Aloysius, Dominic and Karen… all the way from Singapore… Oh my goodness!!!!! Then followed by the big cake. I was overjoyed… I walked back to the house, open the door and told the sisters, “I’ve got present from Singapore”. When I went to the table, I couldn’t even say a word… run to go dry my tears and nose… so embarrassing. I cut the cake together with the sisters and all of us enjoyed the cake. It’s so superb. Not too sweet, not too rich, very nice cheese cake. I also shared the cake with another 14 teachers and there’s still some more in the fridge. What a big cake!!!

Also, I receives some greeting cards all the way from Singapore. Yes, one was from the community at Kovan which I stayed 6 month last year. I’m also very surprise and filled with joy as I opened the card.

It’s really so unexpected. I already lost count of how much blessings I have received. I’m like the LUCKIEST woman on earth!!! I greatly thank the Lord for giving me good friends, friends that supports my vocation and friends that are interested in my life. What else can I ask for??

After my lesson in the house, I put my hand in with Sr. Mary Ng to bake my birthday coconut pie. Well, of course she did most of the work, but I really enjoyed, it’s a long time since I bake. Oh ya, how can I forget, I too receive another small cake from my “Uncle” here. How blessed to have 3 cakes for my 1st birthday celebration in the convent. Well probably to prepare me for days where I might get NONE! Sr. Mary cooks fried bee hoon with PRAWNS and fried Lekor. It’s simple and nice.

Then, in the evening, the celebration continues with dinner at SAUJANA restaurant.

Come to think about it, there’s more celebration here then at home... maybe I will only experience such big celebration during my pre-novice formation... not sure in future... so better enjoy every moment now.

Oh my mum called too about 9.15pm... She sounds good. I think she’s taking it better then me. Why am I worrying! God will take care of her...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Thank you for your gifts to us with these blogs. So nice to read that you are a channel of our Lord's love and grace.


Nlim