Tuesday, March 23, 2010

“THE DAY” !!!!

19th March 2010, Feast day of St Joseph, was the beginning of my new journey. YES! It’s “THE DAY” I long awaited for. It’s my entry as a pre-novice of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. It was a simple ceremony but full of joy. During the ceremony, I received a TAU, a candle and the office book.

The joy comes not only because it’s “THE DAY” but also the presence of the sisters who celebrated with me. They have been and will be significant in my life journey. They are…

Sr. Assunta Leong
(Provincial, the 1st sister I known & journeyed with me during my most confusing days)

Sr. Mary Peter Ng, Sr. Regina Ho and Sr. Mary Kristyn
(My Community of sisters at Kuala Terenganu)

Sr. Victorine and Sr. Veronica de Rosa
(Singaporean!!! who have been part of my journey and had come to celebrate this joyous day)

I thank God for answering my desire of having Singaporean sisters, who are significant to me, sharing this joy with me in a foreign land. It was the best gift and most encouraging moment.

Also, I would like to thank all of you, my dearest friends, priests and sisters who have been so much part of me (yes, you lah!!!) and my family for making this day possible for me.

All the pre-departure anxiety has led to this DAY and ha ha probably more to come… but I am assured of all your prayers for me right!!! (Better pray ya… if you have not been praying)….Really… a big THANK YOU… I really miss all of you…

I have started my work teaching music and movement. This is their first time experiencing music and movement class. I try my best to give as simple instruction as possible….and they also try their best to figure out what on earth I was doing… But it’s rewarding because by the end of each class…. think they really enjoyed themselves. But but but… often I also forgot that I have to speak very slowly and they are NEW…. cannot expect them to obtain my EXPECTATION. This is my little mission here and I hope to make a difference in the life of the children and the teachers.

***please please...tell me if there's mistakes in my blogs (gramma/spelling) cos... cannot affort to spend so long on the comp checking and checking for errors...

6 comments:

fral said...

congrats! keep up the good work with your journey and your vocation! :-D

Unknown said...

You made it lor!!! And you are the "change" KT needs too. Good for you and God Bless!! S

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!
And if you see Sr Victorine, please send our regards.

Nicholas & Sharon

kare said...

Line, CONGRATS! Keep looking forward and enjoying this journey :o) We'll be praying with and for you.

ramona said...

Dear amah! God always blesses eh? Without fail!

We're with you too!! Remember that! We must transcend human selfishness for greater causes!!

Take care and loads of hugs!!

Angeline said...

My dear sisters and brothers... thank you for so much of words of encouragement. I'm just so happy to receive messages from all of you and really pray that all of you are doing well too... see with blog, you know all about me but i don't know about you.. so write to me k...