Friday, February 19, 2010

Am I just sick or more then sick??

I just took a 2 hour sleep and I’m still feeling sick. Sigh.

My spiritual directors always questioned me, if not gives me that ‘LOOK’ when I fall sick. They believe that when a person is sick, it’s because the body has GOT a PROBLEM. Duh right!! Wait, wait..I’m not saying that my SDs are all DUH!!!

Anyway, from the little I know, usually when a person is REALLY sick, it’s because our body has been over worked, exhausted and needed plenty of rest.

Obviously, my body has not been physically exhausted….. because it hasn’t been working hard at all. So no matter how much I sleep/rest, probably I’m just running away from some form of ‘problem’.

Of course I know myself best. What else more than the silly and irritating word ‘ANXIETY’. Identifying is easy but coping it is terrible. Well, there’s nothing much I can do but to commend myself to God.

There's a saying that says "Courage is fear that has said its prayers."

Prayer is indeed the key to overcoming or coping with anxiety, for it reassures us of God's presence and reminds us of our need to rely on His strength, not on our own.

As St. John Vianney said, "God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry."


Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and
supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding,
will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7


***Amazingly I feel much better now after blogging and knowing my PROBLEM and of course pray lah...  blogging is really a therapeutic exercise.

No comments: