Friday, February 05, 2010

A night out with the music people

Last night, my friends from the RCIA music ministry brought me out for dinner to Gillman Seafood Restaurant at Telok Blangah. I enjoyed and the good was great.

I journeyed together with this group since 2008, when I first started playing for RCIA. It was a nightmare in the beginning; we can’t seem to co-ordinate well. But as time passes, our group dynamics got better and finally provided better music.

During these 2 years, my keyboard skills definitely have improved. It was a place for me to continue using my music talents after I left the choir besides playing for daily mass. I also learned to be more ‘thick skin’ especially when I made lots of mistakes, trying very hard to cover them.

The beauty of serving in this ministry was the many opportunities given to help others worship God and feel His presence. However, very frequently, I always ask myself whether if I have helped them or have I made a mess. Well, I have learned not to blame myself anymore, instead, to allow the Holy Spirit to take control as long as I had tried my best.

I will definitely miss serving in such ‘safe’ environment.

So… after dinner, we adjourn to The Villa Bali at Gillman Village for a drink. The ambience was really beautiful and relaxing. Definitely had to go for some alcoholic drink. As I looked at the menu, I wanted to order some non-alcoholic freeze, but one of my friend says that “THIS” is nice and very suitable for me and all others agreed. Well… what is so special about “THIS”. It’s the name of the cocktail that made it special. It’s called “XXX on the beach”. You know??you know??

I was so embarrassed. It’s a cocktail made from vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice. So I ordered it and my dear friends couldn’t stop teasing about the BEACH until we got out of the car park.

My dear friends, thank you. Thank you for always being so patience with me especially during practices. And, very importantly, thank you for being so accommodative to me during my 6 months stay with the sisters which enables me to continue serving. You have definitely played a big part in my discernment journey.

No comments: