Sunday, February 07, 2010

The MAH family Reunion Dinner

This evening, we had a buffet reunion dinner at my grandmother’s house, as usual, one week earlier. My grandparents have 11 children. That makes 21 in the 2nd generation because my 1st auntie is not married. Then we have 25 in the 3rd generation and 3 in the 4th generation. That makes a total of 62 of us technically.

Being in such big family, reunion dinner is the only time for all of us to catch up with one another. It was wonderful to be able to chat with some of my younger cousins. My greatest fear today was, ‘to tell’ or ‘not to tell’ and ‘how to say’. Some already know, but others don’t. So, the challenge was to find out who don’t know. Ermm.. anyway, what I did was to beat around the bush before saying the truth to those who asked.

The disaster came when one of my uncles triggers my Mum’s volcano again. It was a silence eruption. My brother came to tell me, I acted very COOL and I felt useless. The only thing I can do is to assure her again and again.

There have been so many eruptions these years which I had to handle it. Just at the right time and the most worrying moment, our dear Lord sends Mr. Jevin (my 6mth old nephew) into the world as the best COOLing and Distraction agent. I always felt very guilty getting jealous over a baby who stole away all my parents’ attention over me. Actually, he’s a blessing to my family. I supposed the Lord knows what to do when He wants to use me.

No comments: