Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Is Most Personal Is Most Universal

Before, I turned on the computer, I had another reflection topic in mind. But as I turned on the computer, what went through my mind was that “ai yo.. everyone will know what I’m feeling, so ‘pai seh’, privacy all gone.” It’s really like stripping myself naked, yet not completely naked….ermmm… BINGO, that’s what I wanted to research and reflect further…. Ok… save it for the next entry.

Here, what I wanted to share is…. As I opened my mail box, I went to open the daily meditation by Henri Nouwen’s mail which I subscribed but hardly read. To my surprise, my question of privacy was answered. It says,

We like to make a distinction between our private and public lives and say, "Whatever I do in my private life is nobody else's business." But anyone trying to live a spiritual life will soon discover that the most personal is the most universal, the most hidden is the most public, and the most solitary is the most communal. What we live in the most intimate places of our beings is not just for us but for all people. That is why our inner lives are lives for others. That is why our solitude is a gift to our community, and that is why our most secret thoughts affect our common life.
Jesus says, "No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp-stand where it shines for everyone in the house" (Matthew 5:14-15). The most inner light is a light for the world. Let's not have "double lives"; let us allow what we live in private to be known in public.
It’s only normal to be living “double lives” or even more. We not only hide our feelings but also hide our ‘REAL’ self. We act differently towards different people. I’m not sure about you… but I DO. I live many way of “lives” but working very hard to live only ONE way, which is the life that God has created me to be.

(see… I drifted away again from what I initially wanted to share. The beauty of typing reflection compared to writing is that the mind moves too fast)

Ok, what I wanted to say is that it’s a good thing and of no harm, to share life with others especially deep feelings which many rather hide. But of course sharing it prudently with friends who can be trusted. Oops…. I have no idea who has been reading my blog.

Eversince, I started with my blog AGAIN, I realized that I kind of stopped writing hard copy journal… that’s really NOT GOOD. I also realised that I need not share much verbally because my friends already know what I’m feeling…. that’s even WORST.

So maybe it shouldn’t be too personal…But general stuff can be found at every other sites. Ai ya… CONFUSED!!! Like Nike says: ”Just Do It”. Just do what I think the Spirit is leading me to lah. Anyway, it might not be for long… might have to stop after entering.

No comments: