Friday, February 05, 2010

The Lord sends….

Many parishioners have been asking me who will be playing for morning mass after I leave. My answer is always, I also don’t know, God will send if He wants.

Looking back, IHM have been really blessed with animators and organists for weekday morning masses. Never a time where there’s no animator or organist, well at least from what I know.

Mapping down what I know… just for the fun and for memory sake..
  • When I started attending weekday morning mass in 2004, Brother Joseph Chang was already the sole resident organist. I did have thoughts of serving too…but….
  • Then Sr. Victorine Fernandez came back to the organ seat in 2005. She served on alternate weeks. That’s when I played only when she couldn’t be there.
  • Then I think in 2006, when Brother Joseph decided to stop playing plus moving out of the community due to renovation, I started to alternate with Sr. Victorine.
  • Then came a young Michelle when she was Sec 2. She played whatever and whenever she can.
  • Towards the end of 2007, Sr. Victorine left to another community and I was promoted as the sole resident organist.
  • Then came Grace whom gave me an off day.
Now. that I’m going away, whose playing??

The Lord plans it all well. Brother Joseph has just shifted back to Flower Road and he’s willing to play. See… the Lord sends…. It’s like going in circles….. it’s so funny…. And I have a strong feeling that one day I will be back playing too… ha ha…

No comments: