Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Will this be my last…

Looks like this would be my last outing before leaving.

I’m very very happy to be able to visit the Jurong Bird Park. As a Singaporean for 27 years, I feel so ‘unSingaporean’ to tell people than I have never been there. Apparently, my mum says she brought me there before, not sure whose memory is failing… mine or hers.

I enjoyed myself very much especially with the company of my friends who are so dear to me. They journeyed with me through the weeks of waiting and moments when I feeling anxious, confused, lonely, moody, ‘crazy’ and happy times too.

They too have distracted me away from being ‘scared’ because they are ever so encouraging and always there for me…. Not sure if it’s good - running away from my own feelings…mmmm… it’s definitely good as long as I am able to identify and connect with my own feelings.

I just felt so blessed. What more do I really need? The Lord has given me so much goodness. Although, I may not the most perfect, intelligent and suitable person to be chosen, the Lord has shown me the fruits of my labour and perseverance through the people I meet everyday. Humans might be scary to be with because problems usually are created by humans, but, humans are also the ones who will bring Christ messages into our lives. So, I really appreciate all whom the Lord sends into my life.

Doubting moments: ermmmm…… hope I did not absorb and interpret wrongly the messages in my life….

I always remembered Pope Benedict XVI’s homily during his inauguration in 2005. He says: “No! If we let Christ into our lives, we lose nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing of what makes life free, beautiful and great…… Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and he gives you everything. When we give ourselves to him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ -- and you will find true life.”

No comments: